Mood swings are common for women during or before the menstruation period. I never noticed I am having those irritability, anger and sensitivity until I heard my husband warned and reminded my tween to be extra careful not do things that makes me angry especially on my \”red days\”.
I heard my \’tweenager\’ of being thankful for being a boy that doesn\’t need to go through this monthly periods. As explained, women have fluctuating hormone levels during these periods, thus ending up having a roller coaster of emotion.
Women have different signs, level of pain and emotions during these days that also indicates different ways to cope with this emotional state.
Food cravings, fatigue, anxiety, and trouble focusing are some of those common symptoms. As for me, it does include abdominal cramps and lower back pain. It doesn\’t just affect physically and emotionally but can even hurt our schedule too! Sadly, a reality that every woman encounters.
The first period usually occurs at age 12. I can still remember every detail on how I survived my first period. Looking back, I hated it when my mother do not introduced me right away on disposable pads and instead taught me how to use the reusable cloth that serves as pads. Imagine my shock and disgust of having to clean up for each and every use?!
Plain awful. My innocent mind was blown away and felt really uncomfortable. Today\’s generation have their own version of reusable napkins which is way better than folding a piece of cloth to make it looks like a pad.
Oh, how I am loving today\’s generation, thankfully my daughter will never have to go through the mess that I experienced before. Here\’s some of Important Rules to take on How to Survived each and every period:
- Find the brand that suits your needs, works well and makes you feel confident.
- Keep in mind to change pads every 2 to 3 hours.
- Properly disposed used pads by rolling it up and putting it in the wrapper.
- Use sanitary pads with wings to avoid side stains, or better to use Knixteen underwear for periods for a more reliable protection. It is a period underwear that serves as back-up protection against inevitable leaks, odor, and moisture, to stay confident no matter what time of the month is.
- Give in to food cravings or subscribe to Happy Days Club where hand pick chocolates, snacks, teas, sanitary products, comforting items will be sent straight to your door. But, it don\’t always have to be sweet. Some women crave salty or fatty foods like chips, pizza and burgers.
- Make sure to get important nutrients during menstruation, mix it it up with some fresh, whole foods to have alongside your sweet treat.
- Embrace the time of the month, take extra care and do something nice for yourself to lift up the mood.
- Go curl up and get enough sleep to feel refresh and rejuvenated.
- Mark the date of your cycle to track your period to know when to expect.
These are the important points to take especially for first timers. Actually, there is nothing to worry about if we can take full control and have it covered by our tested ways along with our most suitable and trusted brands.